TOP 10 THINGS TO DO IN RIO DE JANEIRO
Friends, family and tourists always ask me the same question: what to do in Rio de Janeiro? So I selected the top 10 things to do in Rio de Janeiro, to make your trip unforgetable. I hope you enjoy!
Things to do in Rio de Janeiro: Top 10 attractions
2. Hike the trail towards Sugar Loaf: the famous “bondinho” of the Sugar Loaf take people to the hills: the first is Urca Hill and the second is the Sugar Loaf itself. There is an alternative way to get on top of the Urca Hill, the Urca Hill Hike (and it’s for free, by the way)! When you get to Urca Hill by the trek, you can take the “bondinho” only from Urca Hill to the Sugar Loaf (the highest hill) – and it’s cheaper! The trek is incredible and many people consider the view of Urca hill more impressive than the Sugar Loaf view.
3. See the most beautiful sunset in Rio de Janeiro at Arpoador (rock located between Copacabana and Ipanema) and clap in the end! You will meet a lot of locals who never get sick of watching the sunset in Arpoador Rock.
The sun sets in Rio de Janeiro around 5:30PM (during winter) and 7:30 (during the summer).
4. Rio Free Walking Tour of Downtown and Lapa: get to know our history and learn the city’s best tips with a Rio’s inhabitants who speck good English passionate about the city. You will learn that Rio was the only city of South America that was the capital of an European Kingdon (yes, Rio was capital of Brazil and Portugal for a while), visit the famous Colombo Bakery, where our presidents used to go, learn about Brazilian Empire…
5. Of course you can’t miss the beaches! Everyone has to visit the most beautiful beach in the world, according to the website AskMen, with our Free Walker Tour of Copacabana and Ipanema
6. Of course the nightlife of Rio could be out of our list of top 10 things to do in Rio de Janeiro. Participate in the most famous nightlife of Rio and discover the magic nightlife of Lapa!!! We will wait for you in one of our Pub Crawls
7. Rio’s nature is not only beaches and forest. The city has also got a underful lake. You should cycle one of the most beautiful places of the city, with Christ the Redeemer overlooking you: Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas!
8. Watch the most famous football classic of Brazil: FLA x FLU (flamengo and fluminense) at the MARACANÃ stadium (where the final of world cup was held and the Olympic games) and feel the incredible energy of the stadium.
9. Walk the most charming neighborhood, famous for the yellow tram, with one of the best views of Rio de Janeiro: Santa Teresa
10. Visit the Docks Area! Fixed up for the Olympics. If you want to know the history behind it check our free walking tour of Olympic Boulevard and African Heritage
11. BONUS * Try a Carioca Feijoada!! Feijoada is a traditional bean and pork stew, served with many sides such as rice, kale, pork rinds, and oranges for digestion.
Did I forgot something that everyone should do in Rio de Janeiro? Suggestions are welcome! 🙂
After this list of top 10 things to do in Rio de Janeiro, you are still not sure if that’s what you want to do in here? Check our blog post: what to do in Rio de Janeiro.